Mezzanines for Material Handling, Storage
Mezzanines, platforms and steel structures designed and manufactured by Steele Solutions help end users:
- gain more efficient use of existing overhead space;
- support equipment, conveyors, materials, parts or products;
- elevate plant and factory offices;
- create storage space, and
- provide access over machinery and materials.
Four Main Types of Steel Mezzanines, Platforms
Steele Solutions has expertise in the the four main types of industrial and commercial mezzanines and platforms:
- Free standing mezzanines — also known as structural, steel, or wide span mezzanines, these are commonly used in a wide variety of applications and offer great flexibility in set-up and restructuring if needed. Free standing mezzanines and platforms are considered capital equipment and, thus, can be depreciated over a shorter period of time – providing tax advantages. See an example of free standing mezzanines and platforms.
- Building supported mezzanines – if a building is designed to support additional loads, the structure can be used to support a mezzanine or platform. A blended system can also be developed in which a mezzanine is supported partly by the building structure and partly by columns, as long as the foundation can support the additional load. Steele Solutions is capable of handling building-supported mezzanines without calling in a general contractor. See an example of building supported mezzanines and platforms.
- Rack supported mezzanines – these platforms create a mezzanine level of usable space between existing storage racks, provided that the rack system can support the additional loads. Catwalks also can be installed in these situations. See an example of rack supported mezzanines and platforms.
- Shelving supported mezzanines – ideal for storage of smaller items alongside existing shelving. This is an economical way to make more efficient use of existing space. This type of mezzanine is the least flexible in terms of reconfiguration. See an example of shelving supported mezzanines and platforms.
Equipment and Machinery Elevated Platforms
When material handling, manufacturing and other equipment needs to be elevated, Steele Solutions, Inc., can custom design and manufacture an elevated platform.
Platforms, also called, equipment platforms, process platforms, mezzanines or steel structures, are ideal for supporting conveyor systems used in distribution centers and other material handling and sorting operations.
Platforms also are used to support other equipment and can be designed to support pipingrequired for manufacturing or industrial operations.
The design staff at Steele Solutions has extensive experience in the engineering aspects of elevated platforms and the settings those platforms are used in, as well as prevailing codes and OSHA safety standards.
That knowledge and experience is enhanced by the company’s embrace of autoCAD, Tekla’s building information modeling (BIM) software, STAAD.Pro structure analysis and design software, robotic welding, CNC drill presses and electrostatic paint systems.
Steele Solutions also designs and manufactures a variety of accessories for elevated platforms when needed, including railings, gates, ladders and stairs.
When you need a high quality, reliable platform, structures from Steel.